New bus route connects Heathfield to Brighton via Lewes and north to Tunbridge Wells
New 29A bus route announced as part of the improved Regency network.
A new bus route has been announced connecting Heathfield with Uckfield, Lewes and Brighton and Crowborough and Tunbridge Wells to the north. The new route includes connections to the Universities of Sussex and Brighton.
Brighton & Hove buses have announced that they are making these exciting improvements to their Regency routes. Major improvements to the Regency network will take place from Sunday 23rd July 2023 as part of the East Sussex Enhanced Partnership with funding from UK Government.
Please find the summary of these improvements below:
• New Route 29A providing an hourly service from Heathfield to Uckfield, Lewes and Brighton.
• Route 28 extended from Brighton, Lewes and Ringmer to Hailsham and Eastbourne on Mondays to Saturdays every 30 minutes.
• Frequency of buses to Uckfield and Tunbridge Wells increased.
• Improved Sunday & Public Holiday service between Brighton and Lewes.
• Reduction of service to Halland and Raystede and withdrawal of Sunday service to Manor Park due to very low usage.
To view the updated timetable and route maps please click the links in the table below.