Time to get your entries in, as the Heathfield Show goes virtual
One of the area’s biggest and most well-attended events would normally be just around the corner, the showground at Tottingworth Farm would be sporting marquees, show arenas and trade stands in preparation for The Heathfield Show at the end of May. But sadly, not his year. Along with a great many events affected by the pandemic emergency, the show has been postponed until next year. However all is not lost!
“We didn’t want to disappoint all the loyal fans of the show, so this year we are running a Virtual Show on Facebook. Entrants post a photograph of their animal in the relevant class and then get their friends to like and share. The top three with the most likes in each class then goes forward to be judged by our panels.” explained Nicola Magill, Show Secretary
Sara Stonor, the Show President has agreed to be one of the judges, and will be a judge for every class. Each Section Chair and Secretary will help her judge their relevant Sections. Young Handlers are being asked to post a 30 second video and they will slot them into the relevant Section judging with the ultimate decision being made by Rita and Sara.
The competition entry closes on Wednesday 20 May at midnight. The winners will be posted on the Heathfield Show FB page on Saturday at 5pm and the winners will be contacted via Messenger. The top three will receive rosettes and / or prize cards.
The Flower arrangement will be judged by Sara Kath and Ginger Sara and the children’s collage by Sara, Rita and Nicola.
Competition Details and Rules
This competition is being run on Facebook. Pictures of your entries should be posted directly onto the Heathfield Show Facebook page within the relevant post.
Three entries from each class with most FB likes will then be judged by our Judges.
The Virtual Show will have four sections:
First section, four classes:
Sheep, Pigs, Cattle and Horses
Post a picture (landscape orientation, pictures taken during lockdown)!
Second section, one class.
Young Handler competition
Young Handlers class, three age groups. 5-8, 9-12, 13-16.
Post a 30 second video stating name and age of child in comments section.
Third section: Flower Show
(arrangement must have been made since lockdown)
Title: “Look What I Made”
Competitor to create a floral arrangement of any size containing flowers and greenery on the theme of the title. Post a picture of your arrangement from the front.
Fourth section: Children’s class
Title: Community Garden.
This should take the form of a collage using items sourced from around the house and in the garden.
Four age groups: 4-7, 8-11, 12-16.
Post picture on Facebook, landscape orientation, stating name and age of child in comments section.
Ask all your friends to like and share your post. Good luck!
Rules for Virtual Heathfield Show 2020
- First round of judging will be based on the number of Facebook likes for individual pictures or videos. Top 3 of each section go through to next round where they will be judged.
- You do not need to have your own Facebook account, entries can be posted on friends accounts but please make sure you put your name in the comments section of the post.
- We reserve the right to use any photos/videos entries on the Heathfield Show Facebook page and other associated social media pages for publicity and marketing purposes.
- Pictures need to be landscape presentation and must have been taken since 1st April 2020.
- The organisers of the Heathfield Show are not responsible for the Health & Safety of competitors. Competitors produce their entries for the Show at their own risk.
- Any edited photographs or videos will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entries Wednesday 20th May.
- Entries received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Results announced on Saturday 23rd May.
- Winners will be posted on the Heathfield Show Facebook by 5pm on 23rd May.
- Rosettes and prizes will be awarded to top three contestants in each class.
- The Judges’ decision is final.