Apprentices sought by Frogheath Landscapes
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join an award winning garden landscaping team based in Burwash Weald, East Sussex (including the Association of Professional Landscapers Supreme Winner in 2013 and again in 2016, RHS Chelsea Gold medal winners in 2014 and 2015 and Gold medal winner at RHS Hampton Court in 2015). The opening is for two apprentices to join the Frogheath team.
This is a broad role incorporating both hard and soft landscaping. The successful candidate will work as part of a team on a range of projects throughout the year and be able to learn from experienced landscapers. All apprentices working at Frogheath Landscapes will attend Plumpton College one day a week as part of the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Horticulture.
Career progression and training opportunities available beyond the apprenticeship scheme for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will:
• have a strong interest in plants, making things and working outdoors
• have the desire to study and learn both at college and in the workplace
• be prepared to work in a team outside in all weathers
• be reliable, honest, personable, physically fit and hard working
• be able to turn up for work on time every day, listen to instruction and be able to ask if you don’t understand what is being asked of you.
• A full clean driving license is desirable
A responsible attitude is essential as you will be operating a wide range of tools and machinery and have a duty of care to keep yourself and others safe from harm.
They would like to get a sense of the ability to commit from candidates, so anything like participation in Scouts/Duke of Edinburgh activities, active member of football team, regular weekend job or volunteering would be a bonus.
No experience necessary for this post as full training will be given. References will be required and taken up.
For more information on Froghealth Landscape apprenticeship scheme please visit our website www.frogheath.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.